May 30, 2008

First order posted

I was pretty excited to package up my first order today and put it in the post. I am also awaiting the arrival of my rubber stamp to enable me to do some cheap _just starting out_branding! I have wanted one for a while, for my cards. I found a great little company in Melbourne with wonderful customer service, www.dialastamp.com.au

I was saying the other day, I think about book page designs & what I can create next as I; drive my car, stand in supermarket queue, lie awake in the middle of the night and sometimes it's the first thing I think of when I rise and the last thing I think about when I go to bed. **sigh**

I feel more fulfilled when I am learning new things, my hands are busy and generally enjoying the creative talent God has given me. My Nanna tells the story of when she would call us when we were little and Mum would call me to come and speak to Nanna on the phone, but I would say, "Tell her I am busy"! I have been 'into' making stuff ever since I was a wee lass.

There is no surprise I guess that my first job ever was in a creative industry - Floristry. Once a florist, always a florist! I am just careful of who I tell - I don't really want to be doing my work-mate's, neighbours, 2nd cousin's wedding flowers anymore.

Anyway, today was a good day! I think I might just order myself some MOO stickers.

0 comments: