February 23, 2010

A little package arrived from Sth Africa



I posted this beautiful tea towell as a Friday Favourite a few weeks back and it turns out my sister thought it would be a good birthday present - so last week I received this lovely package in the post all the way from Sth Africa!



I actually can't decide now if I want to frame it or use it! ha ha Our rental kitchen is a revolting mix of - pale aqua bench tops teamed with pinky coloured cupboard doors - which makes me a little queasy every time i am in there... so maybe the little birdies might end up adorning a wall somewhere else?..... Heather from Skinny Laminx included a lovely little note & badge! In my books, attention to detail in packaging is almost as lovely as the package itself.

5 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

What a lovely gift, lucky you! I agree, I really enjoy & appreciate good packaging, it makes the contents all the more exciting, & the opening an entire experience.

Jenn Ballard said...

yey it arrived ... well if you frame it - then it will be in great condition if you want to use it one day as an actual tea-towel ;)

Yana said...

what a great surprise! very thoughtful sister you have :) lovely towel.

gret said...

Nice one Jenn!! Good choice.

Market Girl said...

Hey someone is giving away a light box http://georgielove.blogspot.com/

thought you might be interested x