October 27, 2010

Clay flowers by DK Designs on Etsy



It is hard to believe these flowers are made from CLAY!!! Yes- you read right! An amazing find on you-tube lead me to this Etsy store. I would LOVE to learn how to make flowers out of clay. These are made from Deco-clay which is a soft, air-drying clay. Stunning images I could stare at these all day.



I actually found a place in Melbourne that give Deco Clay lessons! This book looked fabulous too - Clay Art for all Seasons by Yukiko Miyai. This is on the to-do list once Josiah is weaned and I take myself to Melbourne for a girls weekend... a trip to Ink and Spindle is on the wish list too.

2 comments:

Yana said...

wow, those flowers are stuning! didn't know it was possible to make them so lovely from clay...

btw, i would love love love to go to melbourne, so i'm going with you!! girls weekend sounds great! :D

Chantal said...

Beautiful! I imagine they're incredibly fragile too! So realistic, someone has spent so much time making those. Thanks for sharing!