April 13, 2011

Photography Props



I'm always interested to see how other people use photography props! I do like the use of nature when styling a photo too. These are really 'white' but the jewellery is shown off really well I thought.



But I think plain backgrounds can work really well too! The less busy the better. I know white items look better on a dark background but I can't help myself photographing my light coloured flowers on white/light backgrounds, they just seem so much fresher to me.





There is an excellent Etsy article on Photoshopping product pics. If you don't have photoshop there are other programs you can use, many are free. Picasa, you usually get Paint if you have windows, Picnik, Photoscape etc.. Out of these I have mostly used Picnik but hubby has Photoshop which I prefer overall.

Click on photos for credits.

0 comments: