August 29, 2011

Staycation Canberra Style



A little while back we enjoyed a family holiday at home.. I wasn't doing cartwheels at the idea but was feeling so desperate for the break I'd take anything... you know the feeling, I know you do! What I did enjoy doing was some fun activities with my cool little family. First stop Cockington Green Gardens - a miniature village just down the road from us.



Family bowling, well - Josiah watched while the 3 of us played! I was the only one to get a strike :-) We also went to the indoor pools, Cisac - it was really great. Josiah was unsure to start with and then loved it.



Some fun playing at the park - Josiah is 16 months old in a few days! Still not walking mind you... it won't be long but he is taking his sweet old time.



Then my lovely friend babysat while we had a late celebration of GG's new promotion! We went back to The Artisan. If you are in Canberra or come to visit, please put it on your list of things to do - YUM.



I had the roast garlic and oregano tortellini and splurged with some terra preta truffle as an extra garnish (you can thank Masterchef for that)... I was feeling adventurous and curious! It was ok but I don't actually see what all the fuss is about. It didn't detract from my superb meal and smashing dessert.



Chewy meringue encased in a cellophane wafer with cream and fruit! You knock it on its side and dig in. I couldn't get through the cellophane wafer (basically toffee) - very sweet. So, basically it was a great week with my favourite people and I'm looking forward to the next break already...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on the promotion. And the even more exciting achievement of getting out for dinner sans children, speaking of which, that photo of Josiah is just gorgeous!