May 23, 2013

Useful Tips for Painting Aluminium: A Mothers Day Craft

This was the mothers day craft for my daughters class this year, which I help organise, they were filled with mints although mine holds my small earrings.  I learnt a few new things about aluminium in the process that I thought I would share with you.
  • You need to prep the surface you want to paint by sanding lightly with fine sand-paper
  • You also need to apply an undercoat of appropriate paint, white worked best for this project
  • You can paint with acrylic paint (these were pearl paints from Eckersley's)
  • Aluminium dents quite easily

The badge on the card was inspired by this mermag animal brooch, I am working through my old stash of acrylic felt from when I very first started making kids hair accessories three years ago!   

0 comments: