June 18, 2013

Family Recipe: Annie's Orange Cake

This orange cake is simple and delicious.  It is a recipe from my great-grandmother Annie that I didn't get to meet.  I was extremely fortunate to know and love three great-grandmothers, the last one passed when I was 20yrs old.  My mum has been doing family history and found out Annie was a Milliner!  How cool is that - oh how I wished I had one Millinery tool of hers.  Anyway, to the cake...


Ingredients
  • 125g butter, softened
  • 125g sugar
  • 125g self raising flour
  • 2 eggs
  • Juice and finely grated rind of one orange
Method
Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy, add eggs, then flour, juice and rind.
Bake in a loaf tin for 40 minutes in a moderate oven 180 deg c.

NB: I made mine with 1 cup of dextrose instead of sugar as I am lowering our families sugar intake.
 

0 comments: