April 28, 2014

Anzac Day at the Arboretum

On Anzac day we went to the Arboretum to explore new places and visit favourite spots - the obligatory pod park of course.  The first stop was to the Eagle's nest which we hadn't seen before.  A cool sculpture by Richard Moffat made from recycled metal.
Canberra is so pretty in Autumn!  The white house (Government House) you can see just off center is where Kate & Wills stayed while they were in town, not forgetting baby George!
Anya was all about this....
Josiah all about this.... avoiding eye contact with my camera at every turn.

My favourite park of the day was our last stop at the woods for a teddy bear's picnic, complete with 'honey' (torn orange paper) for the bears.  I loved getting out my real camera and capturing us having a mini adventure - I'd forgotten how much I love to take photos (not on my phone).

After afternoon tea we foraged for sticks to build a 'fire', climbed trees and explored - the kids absolutely loved it and so did this mama.  Such a nice change to do something a little different - I feel so refreshed after being surrounded by nature.

0 comments: